Ryan to Trump: If I go down, I'm taking you down with me

Ryan to Trump: If I go down, I'm taking you down with me

by digby



















Paul Ryan old Chris Wallace on Fox this morning that he's going to make changes to Trumpcare that will "help bring market freedom and regulatory relief to the insurance markets to dramatically lower the price of the plan for the 50- and 60-year-olds." But he wants the House to vote on it before the CBO can run any numbers.

It will be interesting to see if these House Republicans are willing to walk the plank without knowing whether they're being set-up. If I had to guess I'd say he'll get enough. It's possible these people just want to pass this poisonous hot potato to the Senate and let them kill is so everyone can move on and this episode will be forgotten.

But whatever happens, Ryan isn't going to be the only holding the bag. He's dragged Trump into it:
Ryan says he is confident it will pass, despite his own admission that major components are still under construction. “The reason I feel so good about this is because the president has become a great closer. He’s the one who has helped negotiate changes to this bill with members from all over our caucus.”
If it fails, it's because The Donald wasn't quite the closer he's stacked up to be.  Sad!

.