"Somebody will say, oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech. These are foolish people"

This post will stay at the top of the page for a while. Please scroll down for newer material.


"Somebody will say, 'oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people"

by digby





















Heading into the New Year week-end I just wanted to give another shout-out to all my readers who have contributed to the holiday fundraiser this year. I am deeply appreciative and grateful for the opportunity to write each day about the remarkable events in our world these days. So, thank you.

I don't know what the next year will bring. I gave up predicting some time back. But I think it's more than fair to assume it's going to be eventful. We are in uncharted territory with a new leader at the top of a political party that has reached peak insanity in a world in which the very concept of truth is being challenged. It feels as though everything liberals and progressives care about is about to come under assault from a dozen different directions. It's going to take a concerted effort just to understand it all much less figure out how to resist it.

I don't have the answers about how to do that. But I do have a willingness to keep my eyes open and my mind as clear as I can keep it to sort through all the day to day chaos and try to see things as clearly as I can. If we can do that in this chaotic media environment I think we're halfway there.

I hope you will come back to the site often as we try to get through what's about to come. We'll be here, day in and day out --- at least until Trump "sees Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way."

To which he added, of course, "somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."



If you have not yet contributed to the holiday fundraiser but planned to do it, you can still do so below. And again, thanks for your kind generosity


Happy New Year everyone.












.