Chris Christie sits down and shuts up

Chris Christie sits down and shuts up

by digby
























Another one bites the dust:

I ran for president with the message that the government needs to once again work for the people, not the people work for the government. And while running for president I tried to reinforce what I have always believed - that speaking your mind matters, that experience matters, that competence matters and that it will always matter in leading our nation. That message was heard by and stood for by a lot of people, but just not enough and that’s ok. I have both won elections that I was supposed to lose and I’ve lost elections I was supposed to win and what that means is you never know what will happen. That is both the magic and the mystery of politics - you never quite know when which is going to happen, even when you think you do. And so today, I leave the race without an ounce of regret. I’m so proud of the campaign we ran, the people that ran it with me and all those who gave us their support and confidence along the way. Mary Pat and I thank you for the extraordinary display of loyalty, friendship, understanding and love.

I dunno who paid him to take down Rubio, but it was worth every penny.

Christie was supposed to be the dude who took on the prude. It didn't work out that way. Trump made Christie look like one of those kindergarten teaches Christie likes to scream at on the stump by comparison.

I can't say I'll miss him. He's one of the most repulsive characters in politics. And that's saying a lot in a world that includes people like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump.

.